Saturday, January 26, 2008

restaurant review: pacific catch

Ads do work.

I would never have heard of this restaurant had it not been featured in the iphone commercial. on monday, paul, michelle and myself had lunch at pacific catch at the marina after our trip to the aquarium.

The place is tiny!!! ridiculously small. I will not get over how small that restaurant is and how busy they get. We were waiting about half an hour before they were able to seat us. Since michelle was with us, we needed a table so we can have her seated in a high chair.

We ordered cabo calamari, miso soup for michelle (one of her favorites), the special of the day for me which was trout with spicey rub, grilled zuchinni, yellow squash, and corn with sweet potato fries and avocado-tomatillo salsa, paul had the tilapia fish and chips. We probably made a mistake with our entrĂ©e. Everyone around us was ordering poke salads and teriyaki bowls—this is what they were famous for. But paul and I enjoyed our entrees.

In the middle of lunch, michelle got really sleepy. to avoid having her fall asleep on her food, we had to bail out. So before we could finish, we got our tab and proceeded home. I thought michelle was going to sleep through the drive home but she was watching little einsteins in the car so sleeping was placed on hold. She was knocked out as soon as we lay her in bed which gave paul and I a chance to enjoy the rest of our lunch.

I am now addicted to sweet potato fries. It’s sweet, and salty and retains its crispiness better than a regular French fry.

But back to pacific catch. I don’t want to go back to the marina location because of how ridiculously small the space was. They have another branch at 9th and Lincoln with a much bigger space and a more extensive menu.

We paid $55 for our lunch which isn’t bad for a good seafood meal.

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts