Friday, February 15, 2008

luke 22:31-33

My daughter started running a few months ago. On Saturday, we took her to Westfield so she can have the whole mall as her playground. She was running all over the place, and had one bad fall and began to cry. I was following her the whole time, and when she fell, I just said, ‘up michelle, get up.’ And she got back on her feet and started running again like nothing happened.

There are times in our walk with Christ that we feel discouraged and wonder whether we should even go on. Minsan kasi, there are problems we face that seem to heavy to carry. Sometimes we think that the Lord is asking too much from us when He asks only what He deserves, and nothing more.

If you feel at you are at odds with your spirit, hear what the lord said to Peter the night he denied he knew Jesus,

Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat. 32 But I have pleaded in prayer for you, Simon, that your faith should not fail. So when you have repented and turned to me again, strengthen your brothers.”

"Simon, stay on your toes. Satan has tried his best to separate all of you from me, like chaff from wheat. Simon, I've prayed for you in particular that you not give in or give out. When you have come through the time of testing, turn to your companions and give them a fresh start."

Even before you face your problems, Jesus has already prayed for you that your faith may not waiver. God didn’t tell Peter that his faith will not be challenged. God said, ‘I've prayed for you in particular that you not give in or give out. When you have come through the time of testing, turn to your companions and give them a fresh start!’ we will stumble and we will fall, but Jesus has already prayed that we will not give up. Now, the choice is ours whether we want to give it all up, or get back on our feet and be an encouragement to others.

Be like a child who always gets up when they stumble and fall. Kung ang bata nga, tatayo para muling tumakbo, ikaw pa kaya?

Regards,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very true! yan din ang lagi kong sinasabi sa mga friends ko, and even to my self. minsan nadadapa tayo, nasugatan, at umiyak na parang bata, that's normal, tao lang tayo, but the important part is to "get up", di kailangang mag remain sa pagkadapa.no matter how hard we fall, basta we just listen and follow God's word saying "stand up my son". God bless my pretty pinsan.

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts