Saturday, January 10, 2009

fun with girls...errr, women!

11 of us 'women' of v.o.v. celebrated cynthia's birthday by getting a full body massage in millbrae and having lunch. i have to say, it's one of the better massages i've had state-side. what is it about asian women that they give the best massages? plus, for $45 for a full 60 minute massage, can't beat that. (after your first time it's $78 tho) the place is called, 'a perfect day spa'. it was a good massage, and i would come back, even for full price.


after the massage, we ate at alimango for lunch. the food was ok. i have no complaints about the food, but neither was i impressed. would i come back and eat there? still thinking about that. their 'fountain drink' says free refill but when my friend asked for a refill on her coke, she said there are no refills on her soda. i don't know what they considered a fountain drink but we weren't about to argue with them over a glass of soda so we didn't complain. the manager (or owner) was very friendly though. maybe we should have asked him instead of the waiter. any hoot, we had fun. i would have loved to stay and hang out but we were gone for 4 hours already at nahihiya na ako kay karen who was babysitting michelle earlier (thanks k!).

cynthia, happy birthday to you!!! 2 corinthians 12:9-10 '...Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong." we love you!!!


the women: pastora mona, cynthia, me, tita ressie, cherie, ate gina, nanay teresita, tita irma, ate thez, ate anna, karen v.


small victory: did not eat rice today, hooorah!

small defeat: ate one too many spoonfuls of dessert, baaaad!!!

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts