Thursday, January 22, 2009

it's official...

i am no longer an employee of BAC-MER.

i was laid off today after more than 5 years of being an employee. it was difficult to leave even though i already 'knew' that i was going to be laid off. since the merger was announced in september, we all had this thought in the back of our heads that we were going to say goodbye, one by one. about 12 of us was let go in our office alone. there are thousands of us laid off today from all across the firm -- including john thain...our former ceo who...well, there are so many not-so-nice-things i want to say about him and what many of us now think of him but i'll keep my mouth shut. may God bless him, let's leave it at that! hehehe

i am sad, yes. it has been a great 5 years and i have learned and grown so much during this time. i will miss the friends that i have made and the camaraderie we have. but such is life, and we need to move on. i take this as an opportunity to explore bigger and better things that the good Lord has in store for me.

when i got home, i sent this letter to my friends and clients...

Hi,

I didn't want to leave without saying goodbye but I know it would have been harder if I stayed and said goodbye to all of you one by one. I will miss you all and greatly appreciate your friendship. I left with a heavy heart not because of the uncertainty that is before me but because I'm leaving behind some of the most wonderful people I have ever met. I know this is hard for you as it is for all of us that had to leave today, but I pray that we all find comfort in our faith, our family and our friends.

It has been a short 5 years for me in the office but it has been very rewarding. I hope to see all of you soon with smiles on our faces knowing we have overcome these challenging times.

I would love to keep in touch. Take care, God bless us all!

When you pass through the waters, I [the Lord] will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
nor shall the flame scorch you.
Isaiah 43:2


in everything that happens in my life, i give praise and glory to the Lord. it may be hard to see the brightness of the future when something big like this happens, but i know that God's hands are already at work and everything will be ok. the Lord is my rock and my salvation.

6 comments:

laieesha said...

looks familiar.. oh that's right, you sent that email to me too! hahahaha... i won't say im sorry because i know you're not. not totally, at least... ok see u tomorrow!

ASC said...

see you tomorrow. it's sad but not frightening. my hope is in the Lord. and i'm not just saying that. =) you know me and my faith. =)

tosinpdx said...

Nakakasad ang nangyari :( But I know that with your faith, skills and experience, everything will be okay. :) See you soonish :)
Let me know if you feel like going somewhere on Sunday.

Pukaykay said...

haay.. this has been everybody's worry since late last year. But as you said, hope is in the Lord.

Anonymous said...

:(
nag email ako sayo ate mie, ang tagal mong mag reply, naisip ko baka dayoff ka or busy.
ito pala ang reason bakit hindi ka nag re reply. :(

kaya pala ako nag email sayo kasi itatanong ko yung tungkol sa intel.

ASC said...

thank you all for your concern. despite this challenge, there are so many other things to be grateful for. hindi ako natatakot because i know that god is on our side. =)

khay, ok naman si paul sa intel. they closed manufacturing sa cavite and meron din sa hillsboro na fabrication pero since r and d naman sya, he should be safe.

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts