Saturday, April 11, 2009

i love working out!

i just have to say that because confession brings possession!

i want to love working out. i have gone to the gym for 4 straight days and aside from the one day i used the threadmill, my body seems to be taking the beating pretty well. i told myself to stay away from the threadmill because that one time i used it, i could literally feel every single bone in my feet each time i took a step. the bones cursing me until the next day. lesson learned. i use the elliptical machine and will be moving on to the stair master maybe next week to spice things up.

i'm also doing pilates every other day. will squeeze in yoga once i find my dvd.

do i sound determined? who wouldn't be when this is what you hear from the people around you:

to explain to michelle when i'm headed to the gym my dad said, 'pupunta sa gym ang mommy mo para lumiit liit naman ang katawan ang laki laki nya na kasi.' at least he does not complain when i leave michelle with him while i workout. di sya pwede umangal!

from one of my aunt's closest friends na parang uncle ko narin, 'yang katawan mong yan, nag-gigym ka? ipapasara ko yang gym na yan, hindi effective!' funny, NOT!!!!!!

from my cousin, whom i know meant well naman, 'gusto ba ni paul na mataba ka?' syempre hindi! payatot ngayon ang asawa ko. mukha kami number 10!

the same cousin above upon seeing the bridesmaid dress i will be wearing at claire's wedding, 'yan ba susuot nyo? e mag gym ka nga!' again, i know she means well. but it does sting a little.

so rather than wade in misery, you gotta move your fat butt when you hear comments like that.



i already lost 1 lb. hep! hep! hoooray!!!!! A MILLION MORE TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts