Tuesday, April 21, 2009

pan de sal part 2

i'm making pan de sal again and with my dad's tips, making the dough tonight for baking first thing in the morning...just like it's done back home.

my dad just told me that his lolo (actually, kapatid ng lolo nya) had a bakery waaaaaaaay back then and he used to work there as a kid so he has a vague recollection of what they did to make the bread. the bakery closed many years ago when the family moved to the states and my dad's other lolo who was the chief panadero passed away not too long ago. SAYANG! i could have asked him for tips, pointers and ingredients. oh well. it's good to know na this baking thing didn't come out of thin air for me. at least i can say the passion for baking is in my genes. =)
rising bread in the evening...


2 comments:

laieesha said...

what's all those chunks??

ASC said...

that's the 'sal' in the pandesal. pandesal bread crumbs that you roll the new bread in prior to cutting it up and baking. the bread is in the oven right now and i should have freshly baked pan de sal in 10 mins. it's super easy. quicker than driving to bread basket to buy some. i'm super excited!!!!

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts