Friday, April 10, 2009

things i currently can't live without

inspired by lai's 'favorite things', here are some of the things i can't live without:

allergy medicine - i would feel crappy as hell if i don't get my daily allergy medicine in the spring. sometimes, it's so bad that i have to take one in the morning and then another early in the evening so i can get by.

chapstick - my lips get really really dry. so i try to have one chapstick each in the 2 purses i use all the time and one by the bed, and one in the bathroom (so i can apply immediately after i brush my teeth)

likas papaya - yes, i use likas papaya as my soap. i don't think it has made my skin lighter but i think it's made it more even. i alternate with a bodywash so my skin doesn't get so dry.

neutrogena acne-free facial wash - this is what i use to wash my face with. i was a pimply adolescent...hindi naman acne but this helped me clear my skin so i still use it kahit na i'm waaaaay past puberty.

moisturizer - any brand by lancome for daytime use. lai would argue that it doesn't matter what kind you use but i see a difference when i use lancome. dahil recession, i buy the cheapest one they have so it doesn't hurt my wallet that much. my pm moisturizer is by garnier (super affordable!), mas intense yung moisturizing ng sa gabi and walang spf. always get a moisturizer with spf for daytime use!

bible - i have two by my bed. one of them is a combo of 2 translations (or versions) and another in a different translation. para maintindihan ko talaga. we have to get our 'soul food' everyday. otherwise, we go hungry spiritually.

tissue - for my sneezies.

bluetooth headset - because my hubby is so far away, we are on the phone a lot and this device frees my hands so i can still work while talking to him. i have a really crappy one from motorola. i would not recommend it. get a jawbone, so much better.

internet - i have very vague recollection of what i did in my spare time noong wala pang internet! sad but true!

sunglasses - i can't drive without them or i get a headache from the glare. madami din akong sunglasses but i get them at nordstrom rack and marshalls. designer brands na orig for a quarter of the price..sometimes cheaper! my 2 faves are by gucci (got it for $50, originaly $450) and michael kors (paid $25, originally around $200). who says style can't be affordable?????

caffeine - in coffee, diet soda or tea. baaaaad!

...to be continued.

2 comments:

laieesha said...

yes, i will argue that expensive moisturizers are just that -- expensive. to each her own, i guess. and i can't believe you have a day and night moisturizer. you're such a girl!

hey, i have about 4 likas papaya that i bought a while back. i stopped after 2 bars or so, and now they're just sitting there. do they have expiration dates? want them?

ASC said...

lai, we drive downtown with michelle on monday. yes to watching angels and demons and no to the zac efron movie. i want the likas papaya. sayang din yan. need to save where we can (except my moisturizer and my foundation, vain ba?) landi!

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts