Monday, April 20, 2009

a new adventure...a change in direction

when i was younger...before i really knew anything. i told myself that i want to be a stay at home mom like my own mother. i want to be the one who prepared their meals and brought them to school. i wanted to be home whenever my kids got home from school. soon after i gave birth to michelle, i realized that i didn't want to be a stay at home mom and went back to work after my maternity leave. in january, after working for ML for 5 years, i was part of the merger's staff reduction and was 'forced' to stay home. now that michelle is bigger, i am really enjoying spending time with her and being home has given me more time to experiment in the kitchen for some of the things sold at tselogs. aside from the buko pie, we started selling the cheese rolls (think porto's in so-cal, that's where i got the idea), and just last week i made rocky road pie which we're not selling at the restaurant but can be ordered directly from me. maybe they're not so original, but they sure are tasty!

today, i'm experimenting with the filipino staple, pan de sal. if it is God's will, i want to open my own bakery soon. i'm going to try to learn on my own before i have an expert teach me so that i am familiar with the steps and the ingredients. but i'm excited and i love doing this kind of thing. i don't mind waking up early in the morning to bake which is weird because i used to not like waking up early for anything! i keep praying for the Lord to show me the way, to reveal to me that this is indeed one of the things He has called me to do. i really pray that He will bless the work of my hands and let His glory shine in every tasty treat that i pull from my oven.

first attempt. not bad, but doesn't look like pandesal. (mukhang boling sya) pero masarap naman. would have been great rosemary bread but that's not why i sought to make hehe

5 comments:

Pukaykay said...

mare..mukhang pandesal!
Congratulations!

Btw, i also think you can be a good photographer.O diba - almira the baker-photographer

Marco de Jesus said...

oo nga! mukha naman siyang pan de sal! :)

you'll develop strong arms and forearms in the process too hehe

God bless you in your journey.

ASC said...

hehe salamat jean. =)

ASC said...

marco, mukhang pandesal sa picture, pero sa personal hindi masyado hehehe. pati pala tinapay pwede maging photogenic. =)

laieesha said...

hey that pandesal looked good! where's MY share?? you can send your rejects down my way.

hey, need to order buko pie. remind me to call you this week... better yet, call ME and remind me... please??

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts