Friday, December 26, 2008

it's the holiday season...

Michelle was really excited about Christmas this year. I don’t think she realized the ‘gift giving’ part of it until we actually decided to put the Christmas tree together (no real true because my desire was shot down by every single family member, except for michelle) and presents started piling up under it. Naturally, she believed every present was for her, even though more than half of it are gifts for other kids. She loved the Christmas music that continuously played on KOIT Radio. She calls all Christmas lights and decorations ‘jingle bells’. Her favorite Christmas songs are jingle bells (of course!), jingle bell rock, and feliz navidad (spanish wanna-be ang anak ko e). And this is how she sings it…

‘feliz dididad! Da da da da da! Feliz dididad!’ (I’ll try to take a video and post it here)

We decorated a gingerbread house yesterday and she managed not to eat all of the candy. We’ll try to bake cookies together soon. I didn’t want to make it from scratch so I just bought the pre-made ones that you break off and bake in the oven. I’m sure she’ll have fun getting her hands messy like she did with the gingerbread.

My uncle from seattle is here and michelle is delighted to have another lolo around. She calls him, ‘lolo lori!’ (lolo rollie) and she gets confused because all her 3 lolos look alike (lolo abet, lolo rollie and lolo cesar). My cousin and her husband (also from seattle) will be arriving tomorrow and we’ll take them around to see the spots. San kaya sila maganda ipasyal?

I want to go to target to get a BIG FAKE CHRISTMAS TREE on sale. I wonder if there will be any more left by the time I leave the office? Hmmmm (as of 6 pm..we went to target and all that's left are christmas trees that are 9 feet tall. that's too big for the house so i have no choice but to buy it before christmas next year. hindi umepek ang pagkukuripot. or i might get my real tree next year! i bought several decorations for a good price though.)

Forgot to buy two presents and will try to scour the mall for a decent ‘new year gift’. I should really stop the last minute shopping thing because either I forget, or there is nothing good to buy anymore.

Sana matapos na ang holidays para wala ng kainan!!!!!

3 comments:

tosinpdx said...

Saya naman that your relatives are there for the New Year. Natuwa ako na the 3 lolos look alike - I could imagine kung ano ang facial expression ni Michelle. Hehehe.
We passed by Target earlier din and got ourselves a teeny fake sort of Christmas tree and a sitting reindeer for 50%-off the regular price. :)

ASC said...

buti nga 50% off yung ibang ornaments. i got a wreath and a garland with lights. less than 20 bucks lang combined. =)

laieesha said...

my present for michelle is still in the store hehehe... pramis, i will get it by next week!! and i have to give you a couple of shirts I got in hawaii. Wala sa yo ah, kay michelle lang! you already got your pasalubong =)

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts