Wednesday, December 31, 2008

new year's resolution

So 2008 was a BAD year for my waistline and overall health. So for 2009, here is my game plan:

1. Drink less coffee. I don’t drink a lot of coffee, just 1 cup a day (sometimes none), but I keep on drinking it even if I don’t really like how it tastes! I like the fact that it wakes me up when I’m starting to fall asleep at my desk, but I’ll drink tea instead of coffee beginning today! (it’s only December 31 as of this writing).


2. Pick healthier snacks. I don’t eat heavy main meals but you’ll see me munching on junk in between. I got a good scolding from my husband last night and have decided to change my ways. Not only are my snacks of choice not good for my weight (I eat chips, chips, and more chips!), they really have no nutritional value. So I’m snacking on fruit beginning today. (already had an apple earlier. Clap clap clap!)

3. Drink soda only once a week. I drink diet coke almost everyday. While I’m limited to 1 can each time, I know it’s not doing me any good.

4. Eat more malunggay! This has got to be one of my favorite vegetables in the whole wide world! I should learn to incorporate this wonderful veggie to most of the savory meals I prepare. Buti nalang it’s readily available at the local asian supermarket and my mom learned to blanch the leaves and freeze it. I can use it in place of spinach in my omelet and puree it and add to pretty much anything I cook.

5. Drink more red wine. I love wine but I’m a big white wine drinker. I should split my wine consumption fifty-fifty.

6. Work out 3 times a week. Wish me luck on this one!

1 comment:

laieesha said...

i'd drink red wine with you, if i actually liked wine. I only drink wine when the only other alternative is beer. otherwise, i can do without it...

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts