Monday, December 15, 2008

restaurant review: bong su

After visiting t’s dad at the hospital last night, chel and I were debating whether to get a nice dinner or just get jalopeno poppers for jack in the box. Of course, we decided on dinner and bong su was just around the corner from where we were so it was the logical choice. I have been to bong su before and I wasn’t really impressed with their food. It is fancy (a.k.a. expensive) but the food is just ok, until I had the cod.

The appetizers we had were the vegetable crepe and the crispy crab spring roll…the vegetable crepe was a blander and deconstructed version of your good old lumpiang gulay. The spring roll was forgettable, even if it had soft shell crab in it.

The highlight was the carmelized black cod which was oh so good! Now, I would come back for that!

Dessert was so, so. It’s hard for any restaurant to mess up on dessert.

But if you’re going to bong su, get the black cod. It’s easily one of the top 5 fish dishes I’ve ever had.

1 comment:

laieesha said...

where's that at?? never heard of that...

COVID-19: DAY 52 SHELTER IN PLACE MAY 7 2020

The month of April was like a blink of an eye.  Now, we are in my birth month, this was supposed to be a big deal for me.  I am turning 40 i...

Popular Posts